The origin of the bridal shower is not well known. Mainly celebrated in the US, Canada and Australia, some argues that it comes from Belgium, others Holland. However, bridal shower is nowadays celebrated everywhere and Africa is no exception. The mystery surrounding her origin makes her even more suitable for a melting pot. Want to have fun with all your babes before saying Yes, here are some tips on how to organize an exquisite and unforgettable bridal shower.
5 reasons for throwing a bridal shower
It’s a party for you:
- You deserve it. This party is made for you my dear bride so that you can adequately celebrate the life event coming up soon;
- It is usually organized by the maid of honor and the witnesses and you, your spouse are highly welcome to participate;
- The guests are all the ladies dear to your heart: your mom, female friends and family (sisters, cousins, aunties …); It is common now to see Bridal Shower turned into Couple Shower, without being selfish you will agree with me ladies that this is definitely not a good idea (you will spent the life together, enjoying this moment with your girls will not kill prince charming, no offense dear groom);
- The witnesses estimate the budget and help the maid of honor to gather the funds;
- It is usually organized in the bride’s family house and held within two months before the wedding.
3 Bridal shower goals or golden rules
- For the bride, for the bride, for the bride. Dear maid of honor and witnesses, even if she participates, keep in mind that you must please her and make her spend quality time with everlasting memories;
- Free her from all stress. The D Day is coming up soon, my dear Bride this is the occasion to free yourself from all the pressure linked to wedding preparations;
- Properly say a goodbye to all your girls. You are leaving the bachelorette stage to enter a new life. You will spend much of the time with your husband and they need to get used to this.
What about menu, gifts and entertainment?
- Your humble servant will keep on hammering this: it is her party. So, menu should be made up of at least 80% of her preferred dishes and delicacies. However, avoid too heavy dishes because you girls must have enough energy to dance;
- Gifts can be wedding decorations, handbags, dresses, shoes … from African designers;
- As for the entertainment part, it should be “something”, you see what I mean. You can begin with a flashback (singing and dancing all the successes, hits from your nation’s singers). Then, you can witness a show from a Makossa, Ambasse Bey, Mapouka/Macouka, Soukouss, Ndombolo, Coupe Decale…groups (the dance depend of course on the bride’s taste and the country). You can end up the night by heating up the dance floor (since we are in a family house, the parlor and the courtyard are usually the best places for this party, but if there is any hall you find more suitable, you can make it there).
With these tips, you are set to organize a great African made bridal shower. Now that you have all the keys, prepare yourself to enjoy and relax. All the best and I am sure you will spend quality time, a perfect and unforgettable moment.