Clothes do not make the man, they say. This might be true, but as far as wedding is concerned, I believe the dress is the bride’s identity. The matter is not with the dress material: silk, satin, lace, organza, chiffon, taffeta, tule…, this is not the most important.
5 tips for the dress choice
- Shop for your wedding dress about two months before the event so that you have the time to make all necessary adjustments;
- Go for a material you love, which does not irritate your skin, but also and most importantly for a dress whose shape perfectly blends with yours;
- Fitting dresses are nice, beautiful, elegant… However, make sure you breathe properly, the dress will be of no use if you hyperventilate during your wedding ceremony or can’t wear it after taking just one kilo at the D Day eve;
- In case you choose to use your mom’s or any other person’s wedding dress, make sure it is adjusted to your taste. If you are asked by the person to keep the original shape of the dress when you are not satisfied with it, go for another dress. It is YOUR WEDDING, no need to please your relative if you are sad on the most beautiful day of your life;
- Do not let anybody discourage you. Your dress is your identity, your personality. So, if you have always dreamt of wearing pink for example, do not be discouraged by what people may think or how they may look at you. Hopefully, this is a one-time event and you must celebrate it fittingly to avoid any regret.
When you are done with the choice of your wedding dress, look at your husband to be and ensure both of you will make a perfect match on your day.
6 tips for a harmonious blend
- There is an old tradition about the bride’s wedding dress. They say if the future husband sees it before the wedding day, it will befall bad luck on the couple. Anyway, the reverse is not true. Ladies make sure your husband dress pleases him while perfectly blending with yours;
- Do this by looking at the colors, the shape, the design…;
- Ask for your relatives advices, we always learn from others’ experience;
- Consult specialists and take their advice as well;
- Go to blogs/websites and get yourself informed about the latest trends;
- Always keep in mind that all the opinions you collected aimed at improving on the final result. You should not follow these advices at the expense of your wish. Never give up on your perfect, ideal, dreamt wedding dress.
I know it might not be easy to listen to others while keeping your personal touch, but nothing good comes easy, remember. Give in all your energy, originality, personality, desire… Spare no expense, but avoid being excessive. When you are done with the dress, you are halfway to your happiness. I believe using these tips, you will obtain the best result and the rest will come easily.