“When a man is newly wed, he need not go out on a military expedition, nor shall any public duty be imposed on him. He shall be exempt for one year for the sake of his family, to bring joy to the wife he has married.” Deuteronomy 24:5
This verse from the Bible is one of the earliest reference to the definition of a “honeymoon.” The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines a “honeymoon” as the first holiday couples spend together to celebrate their marriage.
Here are tips for a successful honeymoon.
10. To relax after the excitingly exhausting wedding event, couples must make sure that the accommodation that they are planning for the honeymoon is nestled in a beautiful and romantic scenery where the backdrop exudes the elements of love and romance.
9. To lavish exclusive time for each other, couples should should plan the honeymoon destination that is at least a six-hour radius from their place. Too make it too far, maybe exhausting, time constraining and not budget efficient. But to make it too close to the couple’s place, may risk for relative visits and friendly acquaintances that may destruct the couples from sharing exclusive time together.
8. To please each other physically, seduction, sexual adventure, and erotic fun should be the couple’s top priorities. Collect sexy music, prepare for the action by reading self-help books on sexual topics and pleasure, bring sex gadgets, pack sexy clothes and costumes, and most of all, abstain from inhibitions for these few days of romantic pleasure and fun.
7. To enjoy each others company, take romantic rides, go on a boat tour, try horse riding, plan hot-air balloon travels or rent twin bicycles.
6. To immerse in the expectancy of a shared life, don’t forget to document your first times together and those unforgettable experiences. Bring a camera handy, extra batteries, and chargers. These maybe simple pictures at the moment but 10 years or 15 years after, you may look back and find these priceless souvenirs to relive and rekindle the exciting event.
5. To know and align each others thoughts and views, couples should plan a night with simple activities that would allow them to talk to each other privately about their plans and ideas. One night should be devoted to a dinner with a quiet ambiance, or a night in the hotel room where couples just watch movies and just sit in each other’s arms.
4. To celebrate the beginning of a journey together, couples can take long beach strolls at sunset, or go for a hike in a wooded area, taking along a picnic for a bubbly, but private toast to a new chapter in their lives.
3. To establish a physical connection, couples should understand that honeymoon sex is different from the normal activity. Sex during honeymoon should be more passionate and more profound to give meaning to the wedding vows that was just freshly expressed.
2. To honor each other in marriage, the honeymoon should be an activity of celebration and thus should be something that is well planned. Couples should set a honeymoon budget planned together and agreed upon together. This way couples can expect how they want the event to be, avoiding disappointments and keeping each other satisfied.
1. Couples should never forget the real purpose of a honeymoon. That is to celebrate and honor the beginning of a journey together, to immerse in the expectancy of a shared life, and to establish a physical connection.