10 Wedding Planning Tips and Tricks Every Bride Should Know
Are you stressing out because of your upcoming wedding? Are you worried that people will compare your function with others they have attended before? Below are a few wedding planning tips to take the stress out of the wedding day.
- Focus on the big picture
- Remember what the goal of getting married is – to spend the rest of your life with the person you love. The wedding day is a public function to formalize your union in front of witnesses and celebrate your love with family and friends. Nothing else matters.
- Don’t be a control freak
- No wedding ceremony turns out perfectly without any hitches. If you try to control everything, you will not enjoy your wedding day at all. Let things flow, enjoy every minute, and laugh off any hiccups.
- Turn vendor appointments into dates.
- Couples spend less time together as they focus more on the wedding planning details. To turn your meetings into dates, meet a few minutes earlier, or spend time together afterward.
- Obtain as many services as possible from one vendor.
- Some vendors make wedding planning easy by offering a wide range of services to their clients. If you can get a supplier who provides more than one service to you, take advantage, as you’ll save time and money.
- Steal time with your spouse on the wedding day.
- Grab a minute or two before the ceremony to look at one another. Take a few moments alone together in between the ceremony and the reception, and then before the evening party. Those few minutes together will help you re-focus.
- Get a coordinator for the day
- How about getting someone trustworthy to handle the activities of the day for you? That way, you will enjoy your day without a care in the world.
- Have two or three pairs of shoes
- As the day wears on, the heels you wore in the morning will become more and more uncomfortable. Spare yourself this discomfort by having three pairs – heels, wedges, and flats that you switch every time you get an ‘alone’ moment.
- Get someone to hustle your dress
- Your loyal maid of honor is the best person to sort out your dress. She needs to have safety pins, needle, and thread ready in case something happens to your dress. Also, she should be willing to adjust your train, dress, and veil.
- Prepare favors instead of thank-you notes
- Most wedding service providers can make wedding favors for you. Add these favors to your wedding planning budget, and be sure to make enough for each guest to receive one.
- Sometimes the day moves so fast that couples forget to grab a bite. Get your caterer to prepare small meals that you can eat in between the ceremony and reception, and before the evening party. You can also arrange to have snacks put in the bridal car.
Follow the tips above, and wedding planning will be completely stress-free for you. Remember, it’s all about you and your spouse. Everyone else is a spectator.